What is Ripple ?
Ripple Insights – Top 9 Frequently Asked Questions About Ripple and XRP (Jan 18, 2018)
Ripple’s Ultimate Strategy; why XRP will increase in value
Removing inefficiency of international payments with XRP
Reasons to expect XRP to be the most popular bridge asset
“XRP is competitive now in the USD/MXN corridor”
Ripple’s Decentralization Strategy Update
XRP Market Performance
People to Follow
Ripple on Twitter
Brad Garlinghouse, Chief Executive Officer at Ripple
Yoshitaka Kitao, executive chairman, CEO and president of SBI Holdings, Inc.
David Schwartz, Chief Cryptographer at Ripple | aka u/sjoelkatz
Stefan Thomas, Chief Technology Officer at Ripple
Patrick Griffin, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Ripple
Miguel Vias, Head of XRP Markets at Ripple
Warren Paul Anderson, Product Manager, xRapid/XRP at Ripple
Hodor’s XRP Blog
TplusZero – research & analysis on #XRP
Most Discussed Topics and Answers
● The Case Against BankCoin – Banks need an independent digital asset to enable truly efficient settlement
● Ripple Technology → Fast Payments → XRP → Fast Settlement
● Solving the chicken and egg problem – FI’s bridging payments with XRP & companies saving money by holding XRP
● Banks hold XRP under a contractual agreement | Build liquidity to bridge payments to raise the demand for XRP
● How the global adoption of xRapid (XRP liquidity tool) would affect the value of XRP
● Besides instant cross-border payment settlement, XRP can capture other use cases, value that doesn’t yet exist
● XRP Ledger has numerous technological advantages over blockchain systems that use proof of work
● Ripple is committed to making the XRP Ledger as decentralized as they possibly can
● Quantum-resistant signature schemes – Adding a new scheme is easy and fast
You need 20 XRP to activate a Ripple wallet. Fees can be changed by the validators through the voting process.
The reserve requirement protects the XRP Ledger from spam or malicious usage.
When you are sending XRP to an exchange, destination tag is very important.
Destination tag is not needed when you transfer XRP to your own wallet address.
● Toast Wallet | FAQ
A free open source Ripple XRP Wallet for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux
● Ledger Nano S | Tutorial | FAQ | Buy Online | Ripple Recovery Tool
Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet
When you get your Ledger wallet, you must reset it and get a new set of 24 words seed before using it.
● The World Exchange | How to Create a Cold Wallet for Ripple
A free user-friendly and purely client-side wallet
● GateHub | Support | Network Statistics
GateHub XRP Web Wallet
Check Ripple wallet balance – Bithomp | Graph | Transactions
Print raw information about an account, a transaction or a ledger – RPC Tool
The best way to support XRP is to buy and sell XRP directly with your local currency, not with BTC, ETH, or LTC.
XRP pairs currently available – AUD, BRL, CNY, EUR, GBP, IDR, INR, JPY, KRW, MXN, RUB, THB, USD, ZAR.
You can find the complete list of XRP exchanges and supported XRP/fiat pairs Here.
Avoid using Tether(USDT) – Not backed by USD, there is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers. See 3 under Terms of Service. Read more Here.
Kraken – Based in United States
Supported XRP Pair – USD, EUR, BTC
Bitstamp – Based in United Kingdom
Supported XRP Pair – USD, EUR, BTC
Bithumb, Coinone, Korbit, Coinrail – Based in South Korea
Supported XRP Pair – KRW
Bitso – Based in Mexico
Supported XRP Pair – MXN, BTC
BTC Markets – Based in Australia
Supported XRP Pair – AUD, BTC
Bitcoin Indonesia – Based in Indonesia
Supported XRP Pair – IDR, BTC
Koinex – Based in India
Supported XRP Pair – INR, BTC
Bitbank – Based in Japan
Supported XRP Pair – JPY, BTC
Exmo – Based in Spain
Supported XRP Pair – RUB, USD, BTC
BX Thailand – Based in Thailand
Supported XRP Pair – THB
Altcoin Trader – Based in South Africa
Supported XRP Pair – ZAR
Gatehub – Based in United Kingdom | XRP Reserve
Supported XRP Pair – USD, EUR, BTC, ETH, ETC, QAU, REP