What Is Stellar?
Stellar is an open-source, distributed payments infrastructure. It is a leapfrog technology that connects people, payment systems, and banks with a focus on the developing world. It lets you facilitate multi-currency and asset transactions quickly, reliably, and for a fraction of a penny by using a crypto-asset called Lumens (XLM) as a bridge.
- The Stellar Consensus Protocol | Talks At Google (video)
- The Stellar Foundation Mandate & Governance
- Jed McCaleb on Bitcoin & Stellar (video)
- How The Stellar Network Operates (pdf)
- How Money Moves On Stellar (video)
- Lumens (XLM) FAQ
Where Do I Start?
You want to start by getting yourself a Stellar Wallet:
Get lumens, build apps, do an ICO, and dive into Stellar:
- Where To Get Lumens
- Raise Funds & ICO On Stellar
- Beginner’s Guide To The Stellar Network (for Developers)
- Read The Documentation
- Participate In The Stellar Build Challenge (Win Lumens)
- Check Out Stellar Meetups In Your Area