What is Waltonchain?
Waltonchain is the only truly decentralized platform combining blockchain with the Internet of Things (IoT) via RFID technology. Their unique, patented RFID chips are able to able to read/write directly to the blockchain without human intervention, creating a genuine, trustworthy, and traceable business ecosystem, with complete data sharing and absolute information transparency.
- Waltonchain Whitepaper
- Waltonchain Official Site
- Waltonchain Official Medium
- Waltonchain Github
- Waltonchain English Twitter
- Waltonchain Chinese Twitter
- Waltonchain Korean Twitter
- Waltonchain Slack
- Waltonchain Telegram
- Waltonchain Organizational Chart
- The Team (pt.I)
- The Team – The Engineers (pt. II)
- The Team – Angel Investors & Advisors (pt. III)
- WaltonChain Office Tour
- Meet the team #1: Xu Fangcheng
- Meet the team #2: South Korean Team
- Meet the team #3: Wei Songjie
- Meet the team #4: Suk Ki Kim
- Meet the team #5: Lin Herui
- Meet the team #6: Bing Mok (CEO)
- China Mobile IoT Alliance
- “Smart Oceans” blockchain R&D project with Fujian Provincial Government
- Air purification and smart monitoring project with Jinhu Provincial Government
- Building “Blockchain Silicon Valley” with Taiwan Cloud and Fujian Provincial Government
- Shenzhen Card Cube Smart Technology Co.,Ltd
- NIDS Sensor Technology
- Yunnan Yunshanghuaxia Trading Co., Ltd.
- JU&KE Creative Design
- Fanfangxiang Culture & Media Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen M&A Association of Listed Companies
- Lipson Plastic
- Xiangyu Group
- Guangdong Original Clothing Trading Center
- Direct delivery
- Fujian Soonbox Logistics Park
- KISA and Korean IoT research centre
- Korea University engineering department
- NanKang City Furniture industry
- Taiwan Cloud Association
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co. Ltd
- Sinolink Securites
News and Awards
- Announcement of the 2018 Waltonchain Annual Meeting with a Strategic Agreements Signing Ceremony
- Waltonchain Won the 2018 Outstanding Blockchain Company Award of the 1st Summit Forum of Blockchain in Southeast Asia
- Waltonchain is pleased to announce that we will be working with China Mobile IoT Alliance on a global initiative to incorporate Waltonchain IoT in 2018!
- Waltonchain Project Director Lin Herui was Invited to Attend Beidou IoT Global Launch Conference & IoT Innovation and Development Conference
- Waltonchain reaches strategic partnership with Coinnest to boost blockchain industry development
- Nanjing Sleewa Information Technology Co., Ltd. Grand opening
- World’s First One-Click PoS + PoW Wallet/Miner
- The Interview with Waltonchain CEO Dr. Mo Bing by Coinnest CEO Mr. Kim Ik Hwan Winded up with Great Success
- Waltonchain Awarded the “Outstanding Blockchain Technology Service Provider in 2017″ in China BTAS 2017
- Waltonchain was the feature presentation at the first-ever Coinlink investor meetup, Seoul
- Professor Kim receives “Double-Hundred Project” Award
- CAST-USA Members Visit Citylink
- IOT Technology and Taiwan Cloud Service Association Signed a Cross-Strait Cooperation Agreement on Blockchain Talent Bases
- Waltonchain joins hands with Coinlink to Promote the Development of Blockchain Industry
- Citylink wins the Outstanding Product award at the Global IoT Summit 2017
- Silictec (Quanzhou) Settled In Three Chuang Yuan, and Won the Start-Up Capital 3000000 Yuan
- The Preliminary Results of the 2nd Session of China Blockchain Technology Innovation Application Competition Are Officially Released
- Waltonchain Awarded a “Strait Elite Talents” award by the Fujian Provincial Government
- KEDIHENG, a cooperative enterprise of Waltonchain project appeared in the Third China PoC Industry Chain Conference
- Xu Fangcheng, the principal of a subsidiary of Silike Group- Jinjiang Silicon which is the Chinese technical support party of Waltonchain Foundation, participated in the microelectronics project docking meeting, and Deputy Mayor Wang gave guidance
- Mr. Li Dejin, Vice-Governor of Fujian Province, Visited Chenglian and IOT (Walton chain Project) Booths
- Waltonchain team entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Guangdong Original Clothing Trading Center (OCTC)
- Invited to and attended CIFIT to display their IoT solutions – CIFIT is an international trade and investment showcase fair ran by the National Chinese Government
- How Waltonchain (WTC) Plans To Change The Asian Tailoring Industry
- Waltonchain in a nutshell with COO Monitor Chan – interview with China Crypto News
- Waltonchain Foundation today opened a new chapter in the value of things revolution
- The official website of Waltonchain leads the new wave of Internet of Things revolution
- Waltonchain project group was formally established to promote global blockchain + IOT technology integration
- Waltonchain project to help Nankang city’s furniture industry restructuring and upgrading
- Waltonchain and Babbitt reached a strategic cooperation to jointly promote the IoT technology
- Member of the Waltonchain project has entered into a strategic cooperation with Direct Delivery (Xiamen) Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Waltonchain on Korean tv
- Waltonchain and IoT smart sensor technology enter China IT contest finalist
- Waltonchain, a Chinese-Korean joint development virtualization market, started trading in China
- Waltonchain project team with Quanzhou Septwolves sporting goods reached an agreement (2) (3)
- Waltonchain project team signed with the Panther Logistics Park landing agreement (2)
- Waltonchain Project Group has reached initial cooperation intention with South Korea IOT Innovation Center and KISA
- Waltonchain team entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Cloud Computing &IOT Association in Taiwan on The 9th Straits Forum
- Waltonchain achieving strategic cooperation with 8BTC to promote application of technology on Internet of Things together
- Waltonchain project team duly signed the air purifier project in Jinhu Development Zone
- Waltonchain team entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Guangdong Original Clothing Trading Center (OCTC)
- WaltonChain Project Team Visited BESETO Head Office
- Waltonchain Introduction Video
- Waltonchain Visit and Product Demo! (Part 1 of 3) – Boxmining
- Waltonchain Interview and Demo (Part 2 of 3) – Boxmining
- Waltonchain Coinnest Meetup with Mo Bing
- Dr. Mo Bing’s First Live Interview with Coinnest CEO
List of AMAs
- First Reddit AMA – October 1, 2017
- Technical AMA – October 9, 2017
- Hardware AMA Summary – October 17,2017
- Extended Hardware AMA – October 24, 2017
- Retail Demo AMA – November 27, 2017
- Masternode AMA – December 7, 2017
- Slack AMA Live Thread – January 3, 2018
- Waltonchain Beta Release AMA Part 1 – January 5, 2018
- Waltonchain Beta Release AMA Part 2 – January 15, 2018
- The Summary of Waltonchain in 2017
- Waltonchain Project Progress Report (Nov. – Dec. 2017)
- Professor Kim Suk Ki Arrived at Xiamen for Project Review and to Provide Guidance
- A letter to the waltonchain family
- A Letter from Waltonchain Foundation
- Waltonchain Alpha Version Internal Testing
- Waltonchain: Ushering an Era of IoT Mass Market Adoption
- The Unique Technology that Separates Waltonchain from Its Competitors
- What is Waltonchain and Why Should We Care?
- Waltonchain and the Chinese Government: Cooperation, Collaboration and a Bright Future
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies Set For Success In 2018 – Invest in Blockchain
- Waltonchain is Building Smart Cities
Frequently Asked Questions
Q：What’s the Total Supply of Waltoncoin (WTC)?
The Total Supply is 100 million coins with no further issuance in any case. The Max Supply is currently 70 million coins, with the remaining 30 million left to be mined over the course of many years. Currently, the Circulating Supply is around 25 million.
Q：I hear Walton is moving to its own blockchain. What’s the deal with that?
For now, WTC is an ERC20 token, but when the Genesis block of Walton’s main net has been mined, the token based on Ethereum will be replaced by the actual Waltoncoin with the exchange rate of 1:1 (Q1 2018). You can either leave your coins on the exchange, and they will take care of the switch for you, or you can leave them in your MEW wallet, and the team will snapshot your wallet and create a new one with the same address with the real coins.
Q: How do I move my WTC to MEW?
I. Send your WTC to your wallet address.
II. Add a custom token using the information below:
Q：What if I want to keep them on my Ledger Nano?
You can do that, and the team will still snapshot your wallet and copy it; however, there is no Ledger support currently. What that means is, if your wallet is snapshotted, the only way to access your coins initially will be to expose your Ledger’s private key. I don’t recommend doing this, as it compromises the security of your Ledger. If you plan on moving your WTC around, I recommend sending them to a MEW wallet now before the snapshot takes place.
Q：What is the utility of WTC? What gives the coin value?
In the WaltonChain Ecosystem WTC will have multiple functions:
- Issuing sub chains
- Dividend interest
- Credit and mortgage system
- Distributed asset exchange
- Distributed voting and governance system.
More in depth coverage of each point here
Q: Is Waltonchain a platform?
Yes. Waltonchain is a smart contract platform that will have ICOs and dApps.
Q: But I thought Walton just tracked clothing in the supply chain. What else can it do?
Walton is capable of implementation in smart cities, smart waste management systems, and things of that nature. That’s certainly beyond supply chain. Walton isn’t so much a “supply chain” coin as it is a Big Data coin. The RFIDs are used to gather data, which is very useful in supply chain management. But it can also be used to combine with smart devices and make an Internet of things network.
Q: Why does this need a blockchain?
“It is difficult for the Internet of things under the current central structure to accomplish real autonomous cooperation and effective transactions, because the relevant parties of such cooperation and transactions often belong to different stakeholders with complex and uncertain trust relationships. Therefore, the collaboration and transactions of the current Internet of Things devices can only be carried out under the same trust domain. That is to say, the devices to collaborate and trade must be provided or verified by the same Internet of Things service provider, which significantly reduces the true commercial value of the Internet of Things applications.” (Page 2 of the Whitepaper)
To expand, counterfeiting is an obvious answer to this question. There needs to be a way to truly authenticate an item. Blockchain is that answer.
Walton’s blockchain also removes data silos. Companies won’t have to manage any database anymore. Everything is handled by Walton. Walton uses child chains which are separate from the parent chain. Companies can keep proprietary information secret and private on their child chain, and only broadcast necessary information to the parent chain for public viewing. Blockchains make the sharing of info between companies easy and fast, too. And then obviously, blockchains have perfect transparency and are immutable.
Smart contracts are also extremely useful. In the supply chain industry, after perfectly counting and storing inventory, things can be auto-ordered and paid for simultaneously with wtc, just as an example. Your mind can come up with a whole host of other ideas related to automation.
Furthermore, decentralized, transparent, and immutable data for things like smart waste management systems, which Walton has designed, and air-pollution monitoring systems in smart cities would benefit greatly from the blockchain, for reasons explained in the first point from the whitepaper.
You could also imagine on the customer end that wanting to know where all their goods come from is important. This is in line with counterfeiting, but also with things more benign. Imagine wanting to return an item to a store, but can’t remember which grocery store it was from. Lots of simple improvements like that are all use cases for blockchain.
Q: I heard there are some patents. What are they?
The Walton team has many patents in chip design, but the main one of interest is the Transaction ID-reading RFID chip with memory storage. This allows the blockchain to be implemented in the Foundational layer through the RFIDs themselves. This makes WaltonChain fully decentralized and secure.
Q：What are the advantages of the RFID IC tag chip designed in this project?
Existing RFID chip industry cannot meet the development of Internet of Things applications, especially applications for the Value Internet of Things:
- There are few options available while the prices are high
- The transmission power and stability need to be improved
- The reception sensitivity is low
- The anti-interference ability is poor and the transmission power is low
- The existing RFID ICs have many problems such as high power consumption, poor matching with antennae, and difficult system integration, etc.
The project’s IC design has the following significant advantages:
- High security: The chip integrates asymmetric random password pair generation logic, uses a core asymmetric encryption algorithm with independent intellectual property rights, and an optimized design without increasing the cost and power consumption of the chip, enabling higher communication security
- Tamper-resistant: A dedicated storage space is integrated into the tag chip for the storage of hash value of tag status and key information
- Optimized anti-collision design: The chip uses a binary tree anti-collision algorithm with independent intellectual property rights and a time division multiple access design, significantly improving the tag recognition success rate and the number of identifiable labels at the same time
- High sensitivity: The chip uses an optimized noise suppression technology to improve the noise figure at the receiving end and the overall receiver sensitivity, which plays an important role in increasing the recognition success rate
- Good compatibility: The chip can achieve high-frequency and ultra-high frequency functions at the same time, so the end customer can read the information through their smart phone and inquire about reliable product information
- Long lasting: The chip adopts a low voltage and low power-consumption design, allowing the chip to last more than 20 years
Q：How much do the chips cost?
“We develop and produce hardware such as chips ourselves. This really differentiates us from other companies at the moment. Basically, Silitec, our technical support company, was founded in 2015 and is specialized in manufacturing chips. They already have a R&D team of around 20+ people, so in that way we are not ‘increasing’ cost. Next important detail is that Waltonchain’s blockchain technology is written into our chips. This means that unlike traditional RFID chips that have their own specific ID and cost around $0.15 to $0.20, the chips we develop will be below 5 cents. With the volume of sales increasing, the overall cost will spread over many units, and the system’s cost and ID’s cost will go down consequently, or simply put, economics of scale will do the work.”